Cubic Telecom signs contract with ŠKODA AUTO to enable connectivity services to drivers of the all-new SCALA and KAMIQ models
Cubic Telecom, the leading global connected software provider to the automotive and IoT industries, today announced at Mobile World Congress that it has signed a contract with ŠKODA Auto to enable connectivity for ŠKODA drivers across Europe. The advanced technical solution will be available first in the all-new ŠKODA SCALA and KAMIQ models later this year, followed by other ŠKODA models.
ŠKODA drivers will have access to always-on connected services powered through Cubic Telecom’s PACE Platform. Connected services include telematics, e-Call, infotainment apps, and an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot, which can connect up to 8 devices at once. Through Cubic’s eSIM solution global Subscription Management Secure Routing (SM-SR) services will be enabled across Europe, where ŠKODA Connect is available.
Barry Napier, Cubic Telecom CEO said, “We are proud to be selected by ŠKODA to provide future-proof connected technology solutions for ŠKODA Connect online services. ŠKODA is currently experiencing rapid growth and with our expertise in connecting more than 2 million cars globally, Cubic is now part of ŠKODA’s strategy to incorporate seamless and secure connectivity into its customers’ daily journeys. This partnership represents Cubic’s further expansion into the Volkswagen Group as a trusted global connectivity partner.”
ŠKODA drivers will enjoy reliable and secure up-to-date information and entertainment integrated with the ŠKODA virtual cockpit, accessing navigation, route guidance and mapping, as well as personal apps.
“Cars are undergoing a technological transformation, with drivers now expecting connectivity as a natural part of the product offering. By partnering with Cubic Telecom, we are proving our determination at ŠKODA to deliver high-quality innovative solutions to our customers, keeping ŠKODA drivers securely online with high speed LTE connectivity, advanced safety features, real-time information, and in-car entertainment,” said Martin Sodomka, Connected Car Project Lead at ŠKODA. “Using cutting-edge technology through Cubic’s PACE Platform the driving experience is enhanced for ŠKODA drivers connecting to the outside world. We are particularly excited to launch this value-added connectivity service in the all-new ŠKODA SCALA compact model.”
ABOUT ŠKODA AUTO
- Was founded during the pioneering days of the automobile in 1895, making it one of the longest-established automobile companies in the world.
- Currently offers its customers nine passenger-car series: the CITIGO, FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA, KAROQ, KODIAQ, as well as the KAMIQ and the SUPERB.
- Delivered more than 1.25 million vehicles to customers around the world in 2018.
- Has belonged to Volkswagen Group since 1991. The Volkswagen Group is one of the most successful vehicle manufacturers in the world. In association with the Group, ŠKODA AUTO independently develops and manufactures vehicles, as well as components such as engines and transmissions.
- Operates at three locations in the Czech Republic; manufacturers in China, Russia, Slovakia, Algeria and India mainly through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine and Kazakhstan with local partners.
- Employs over 35,000 people globally and is active in more than 100 markets.
- Is pressing ahead with the transformation from a traditional car manufacturer to the ‘Simply Clever company for the best mobility solutions’ as part of the ŠKODA 2025 Strategy.