Cubic Telecom accelerates ŠKODA’s software-driven transformation with next-gen solutions for its vehicle fleet
Providing access to valuable data insights, Cubic’s software technologies allow ŠKODA to optimise and personalise its connected car services and enrich customer experience.
Disruptive trends are transforming the automotive industry. Today’s consumers have come to expect and rely on the digital experience in their vehicles. ŠKODA wanted to increase loyalty with its customers across Europe by delivering enhanced mobility through next-generation technologies leading to a software-driven transformation.
ŠKODA required a road map on its journey to becoming software-defined. In order to improve driver safety, increase productivity and create exciting new user-centric services, ŠKODA needed experts that could provide future-proof connected software solutions to their vehicle fleets worldwide.
Cubic’s Platform for Application and Connectivity Enablement (PACE) provides ŠKODA complete control over the connected vehicle services it offers to drivers. These include telematics, e-Call, infotainment applications and content streaming services in the car, to which up to eight devices can be connected simultaneously. In addition, there is navigation, route guidance and mapping as well as personal apps.
With real-time and Over-The-Air (OTA) update capabilities, ŠKODA uses Cubic’s end-to-end connected software solutions to drive a software-driven transformation and future-proof its vehicle fleet and improve quality of service across 190+ countries worldwide.
- PACE for managing globally connected software and accessing real-time insights on one centralised platform
- Data traffic classification, arming ŠKODA with a single unified view of how content services are consumed across global fleets
- End-to-end service ensures regulatory compliance with legal, tax and security regulations, no matter where ŠKODA vehicles are sold
- Flexibility with seamless software updates, live diagnostics, data collections, and an ‘Adopt and Drop’ feature
- Adaptability to the requirements in the backend as well as to country-specific specifications and high compliance standards
Founded in 1895, ŠKODA is one of the world’s most established operating automakers. Its head office, in the Czech Republic, has grown to become one of the largest companies and a key player in the economy. Employing around 42,000 people globally, ŠKODA has been a member of the Volkswagen Group since 1991.
- 1M vehicles delivered annually
- 100 countries worldwide
- 125+ year brand history